In December 2001 the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 came into force, and it is this Act that regulates the way organisations collect, use, disclose and keep secure your company information.
Accuweigh Pty Ltd is dedicated to both support and comply with the National Privacy Principals that form the basis of these laws to strengthen privacy protection for your company.
This policy outlines the obligations we have in managing company information we hold about our past, present and future clients.
2. WHY DO WE COLLECT COMPANY INFORMATION?
Various laws require that we obtain and hold information about you for the purpose on ensuring compliance with those laws. We also collect other information to ensure the proper and efficient management of your company account.
When personal information is sort for Directors Guarantees or Credit Security, it will be treated in strict confidence and will not be disclosed.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We generally collect all of the company information that we require from the Application form when you open an account with Accuweigh Pty Ltd, though we may require additional information which will be collected as the result of a direct request to you. In some circumstances we may be provided with this information by your advisors or agents.
We will only collect, maintain and use company information when necessary for us to ensure the proper and efficient management of your account.
4. HOW MIGHT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will not use or disclose company information collected by us for any other purpose other than:
- The purposes for which it was provided or secondary related purposes in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure;
- or Where you have consented to such disclosure; or
- Where the NPPs authorise use or disclosure where required or authorised under law; or
- We may use the company information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with information relating to new products that will benefit your company.
- Companies will be approached for approval for any Information that we have collected and would like to use for Advertising purposes.
5. WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR COMPANY INFORMATION TO:
- Other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or perform functions on our behalf such as contractors.
- Regulatory authorities as required under law and Company auditors.
- Anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
In the event we propose to sell our business we may disclose your company information to potential purchasers for the purpose of them conducting due diligence investigations. Any such disclosure will be made in confidence and it will be a condition of that disclosure that no company information will be used or disclosed by them.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR COMPANY INFORMATION
We will at all times seek to ensure that the company information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. At all times your company information is treated as confidential and any sensitive information is treated as highly confidential. All computer-based information is protected through the use of access passwords on each computer. Data is backed up each weeknight and stored securely.
We do not provide our data base to other sources or marketing agencies.
7. YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO ACCESS YOUR COMPANY INFORMATION
You have a right to access your company information, if you would like to access this information, please let us know. You may be requested to put your request in writing for security reasons.
8. COMPLAINTS RESOLUTION
If you wish to complain about any breach of the NPPs or this policy, you should contact our Privacy Officer. Your complaint will be dealt with within 5 business days. It is our intention to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction, however, if you are unhappy with our response, you are entitled to contact the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner who may investigate your complaint further. Their contact details are as follows:
GPO Box 5218 SYDNEY, NSW, 1042.
Telephone 1300 363 992
9. CONTACT ACCUWEIGH PTY LTD
If you have any questions regarding privacy at Accuweigh Pty Ltd, wish to access the company information we hold about you or if you wish to lodge a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer, Connie Stevens.
Fax: 08 9259 5568
Postal Address: 19 Yampi Way, Willetton, WA, 6155.
10. ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
Further information on privacy in Australia may be obtained by visiting the web site of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.